Not only are there any 5 forms of essay questions in academic IELTS but there are 3 types of Advantage Disadvantage essays
Perform some advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Make certain you analyse the question well and paraphrase it in then the introduction. This type of question asks in regards to the pros and cons and an essential word the following is “ outweigh“. The question asks if advantages are more powerful than the disadvantages so that you need certainly to give your opinion here.
Some students just talk about the benefits only but this is certainly a approach that is wrong you could lose marks. The essay needs to have balance. The first body paragraph could possibly be concerning the upside and the second body paragraph can be concerning the downsides along with your opinion throughout the essay that is whole.
Lots of students fail to give their opinion in this kind of essay, or even they simply give their opinion briefly in the conclusion. Your position needs to be clear through the entire essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. Write your opinion in the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion within the introduction, main body as well as the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples throughout the essay but be mindful of giving way too much information. Ensure that it it is simple and try not to overly complicate it. 4. make certain the essay is balanced, not only currently talking about advantages only.
Here are 2 structures that are possible this particular task:
Note: Structures are only guidelines to help you plan out your essay, there isn’t any special magic structure that may get you a Band 7, there are lots of approaches to structure an essay.
Some people think that consumption tax on food products is a way that is good raise revenue when it comes to government.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages with this policy
This type of essay does not ask for the opinion, it really is more like a discussion essay so you need to write about advantages and disadvantages, you can see that the question does not ask : Do you really think…? or Do you really agree or disagree…? / What can be your opinion ? So this is certainly not asking a opinion that is direct.
First analyse the question and paraphrase it then. The essay needs to be well balanced just like in example 1 with explanations exactly how its an edge or disadvantage. Don’t just talk about advantages, give both sides within the essay. In conclusion is merely a directory of the true points that you produced in the human body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one example of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that give one example of this disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Do not give your opinion that is personal because question will not ask because of it. 4. Give good examples for the essay but be mindful of giving an excessive amount of information. Ensure that it it is simple, be mindful about giving examples that are too many. 5. Be sure the essay is balanced, not merely writing about advantages only.
The following is a structure that is good this particular task:
These days with advances in technology a lot more people are working at home.
Discuss the pros and cons for this and give your very own opinion
This essay type is fairly comparable to example 1, here you need to give your opinion and discuss the advantages and disadvantages, the main disimilarity compared to example 1 is that it generally does not mention the word outweigh. The thing that is main watch out for is the words Discuss and Give your own opinion. Similar to in example 1 you ought to paraphrase the question, give a approach that is balanced the key body paragraphs and present your opinion when you look at the introduction and again within the conclusion.
The examiner has to visit your opinion throughout the essay that is whole.
1. Analyse the question well then paraphrase it. 2. http://www.eliteessaywriters.com/buy-essay-online/ Give one example of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that provide one of these of this disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion within the introduction, main body additionally the conclusion. 4. Give specific examples in the essay but be cautious of giving way too much information. Keep it simple. 5. make certain the essay is balanced, not merely writing about advantages only.
What structure can I use?
Structures are only guidelines to help you plan your essay out , there’s no special magic structure that may get you a top score. I would recommend 2 body paragraphs for this sort of essay but you can use 3 body that is main if you wish, a maximum of that.
- In main body paragraph 1 it is possible to write on a plus and explain it further, always remember to give an example of the advantage. When possible write on the results regarding the advantage. Main body 2 is the identical, come up with one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You need to give your opinion in the introduction if the question asks for the opinion. You can even make use of the main body paragraphs to back your opinion up. You really need to rephrase your view when you look at the conclusion also.
A key point to remember. Do not give way too many examples or you could go off track, stay glued to one advantage and something disadvantage and write about those. You haven’t got time to go into too much detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too much information.
Plan your essay well, put aside ten minutes planning time, think of at the very least one supporting point for your topic sentence in each main body paragraph.